Information Needed to Complete Building Permit

  1. Record deed (proof of recorded ownership) *
  2. Health Department permit (well & septic) Jackson County Health Department. *
  3. Driveway Permit - Jackson County Road Commission. *
  4. Complete set of plans (including foudation plans)
  5. For residential projects up to 3,500 sq. ft., click here for application.
  6. If using a contractor, license number is required.
  7. For commercial or residential projects in excess of 3,500 sq. ft., click here for application.
  8. Please contact zoning administrator for details on how to complete the site plot plan found on the last page of commercial application.
  9. Soil erosion and sedimantation control permit.

NOTE: Poles for construction must be .60 treated.

* Required for new construction, recently split or undeveloped property.  They are not required if building a garage, pole barn, or addition to your home.

Please contact Ken Powers (Zoning Coordinator / Building Inspector) at (517) 937-8308 for additional information.

Required Permits and Inspections

Permit Fees

  • Boiler-Heating System (licensed contractor required / inspections: rough and final)
  • Decks (permit: zoning / inspections: footing and final)
  • Demolition (permit: demolition / inspections: site and final)
  • Fire Place (inspections: rough and final)
  • Garages (permit: zoning / inspections: footing and final)
  • LP Tank (inspection: final)
  • Modular Home (permit: zoning / inspections: footing, radon, back fill and final)
  • Outside Wood Burner (license required / inspections: rough and final)
  • Remodel / Addition (permit and inspections; as required by plan)
  • Sign Permit (permit: zoning / inspection: final)
  • Stick Built (permit: zoning / inspections: footing, radon, back fill. framing and final)
  • Swimming Pools (permit: zoning / inspection: final)
  • Towers (permit: zoning / inspections: as required by plan)

Building Application Forms