Information Needed to Complete Building Permit
- Record deed (proof of recorded ownership) *
- Health Department permit (well & septic) Jackson County Health Department. *
- Driveway Permit - Jackson County Road Commission. *
- Complete set of plans (including foudation plans)
- For residential projects up to 3,500 sq. ft., click here for application.
- If using a contractor, license number is required.
- For commercial or residential projects in excess of 3,500 sq. ft., click here for application.
- Please contact zoning administrator for details on how to complete the site plot plan found on the last page of commercial application.
- Soil erosion and sedimantation control permit.
NOTE: Poles for construction must be .60 treated.
* Required for new construction, recently split or undeveloped property. They are not required if building a garage, pole barn, or addition to your home.
Please contact Ken Powers (Zoning Coordinator / Building Inspector) atfor additional information.
Required Permits and Inspections
- Boiler-Heating System (licensed contractor required / inspections: rough and final)
- Decks (permit: zoning / inspections: footing and final)
- Demolition (permit: demolition / inspections: site and final)
- Fire Place (inspections: rough and final)
- Garages (permit: zoning / inspections: footing and final)
- LP Tank (inspection: final)
- Modular Home (permit: zoning / inspections: footing, radon, back fill and final)
- Outside Wood Burner (license required / inspections: rough and final)
- Remodel / Addition (permit and inspections; as required by plan)
- Sign Permit (permit: zoning / inspection: final)
- Stick Built (permit: zoning / inspections: footing, radon, back fill. framing and final)
- Swimming Pools (permit: zoning / inspection: final)
- Towers (permit: zoning / inspections: as required by plan)
Building Application Forms
- Building Setbacks
- Building Permit Application and Plan Examination
- Address Application
- Plumbing Permit Application
- Mechanical Permit Application
- Electrical Permit Application
- Moving Buildings into or within the township. Ordinance information link.
- Contact Zoning Administrator for specific information on any of these forms. 517-937-8308