The Township office will be closed November 18 to December 8 due to the orders of MDHHS orders. Any questions or concerns you may have you can call the office and leave a message. The phone number is 517-784-4712
It is with a heavy heart to let the Township know Ken Powers passed away November 10, 2020. Ken was our Building/Zoning official for the township for many years. Ken was our go to guy at the township and will be truely missed by everyone at the Township Hall. Our prayers and thoughts go out to Ken's family.
With Ken Powers passing Brian Powers in the interim will be handling the Bldg permits and questions. Brian's phone number is 517-937-8205
The Township has 3 Job openings:
- Building Inspector
- Zoning Admin
- Planning Commission
For more information you may call Keith at 517-812-9441
There has been questions regarding the use of sharpies on the current election ballots. Michigan Secretary of State office sent us this statement:
Fact check: The use of a Sharpie to mark a ballot will not invalidate or cancel a ballot or vote. If the marker does bleed through to other side, ballots are designed so that the bleed through does not touch or come near a voting area on the other side of the ballot. It will not alter or cancel any vote on the opposite side. The Sharpie is the recommended marking instrument by the tabulator manufacturer and is preferable to an ink pen because it dries quickly and will not leave residue on the ballot scanner.
The Fall Clean-up we had on October 3 was a success. The weather was wonderful and everyone was great. We would like to give a big Thank You to the volunteers: Dave Jonas, From the Fire Department: Oscar Placher, Spencer Engelter , From the Township: Keith Acker, Dwight Vanwinkle, Terry Langston, Jeff Hale, Betty Sue VanWinkle, Ken Powers, Kim Britten, Linda Rogers. As Always Emmons sent great workers: Johnny Wilers, Gary Worden, James Kloepfer.
We would like to announce a new member of our Township. Julie Pulling.
Julie is our new Assessor and will be in the office on Wednesdays. You may reach Julie at 517-784-4712 Ext 5 for an appointment.
We wish Julie the best and we hope everyone will welcome Julie to the Township.
As a reminder, the best ways to prevent the spread of Coronavirus are the same as preventing the cold and flu. They include:
- Wash your hands frequently with soap and water.
- Cover your mouth when you sneeze or cough.
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose and mouth.
- Clean and disinfect frequently touched objects and surfaces using a regular household cleaning spray or wipe.
- Avoid close contact with people who are sick.
- Stay home when you are sick.
- Wear a mask in public places
- Social Distancing
Things you can learn about Sandstone Charter Township
- Township calendar of events and meeting dates
- Read the Zoning Ordinances that affect all residents
- Read other ordinances like Junk Vehicles, disorderly conduct, land divisions, and others.
- Get Building Applications,
- History of Sandstone Township,
- How to contact your elected officials,
- Pictures of your elected officials,
- Educational facilities in the area
Thanks for visiting our website. If we can be of further help, please contact us.